The NCCN 20th Annual Conference: Advancing the Standard of Cancer Care™ attracts more than 1,500 registrants from across the United States and the globe including oncologists (in both community and academic settings), oncology fellows, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care professionals involved in the care of patients with cancer. Respected opinion leaders present the latest cancer therapies and provide updates on selected NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®), the data upon which the NCCN Guidelines® are based, and quality initiatives in oncology. Topics change annually but focus on the major cancers and supportive care areas.
- Case Manager: 16.00
- Health Care Other: 16.00
- Nurse: 16.00
- Pharmacist: 16.00
- Physician: 16.00
- Tumor Registrar: 16.00
- Event starts: Thu, Mar 12 2015 - 8:00 am
- Event ends: Sat, Mar 14 2015 - 3:00 pm
- Course opens: Mon, Mar 09 2015
- Course expires: Fri, Oct 16 2015
This conference is designed to meet the educational needs of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other clinical professionals who manage patients with cancer.
Following this program, participants should be able to:
- Integrate into professional practice the most recent clinical advances and key updates of the NCCN Guidelines related to lung cancer, breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, genitourinary cancer, hematologic malignancies, skin cancer, and supportive care issues.
- Summarize the role of the immune system in cancer, identify currently available and emerging immunotherapies, and recognize and manage the adverse effects of these agents.
- Describe the characteristics of an optimal clinical practice guideline and discuss available options for resource stratification as it relates to making NCCN Guidelines relevant around the globe.
- Assess whether physicians incorporate quality and value into treatment decisions for patients with cancer
Required hardware / software
This conference (with the exception of the Keynote Address and the NCCN 20th Anniversary Roundtable) is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ for physicians and is also accredited for nurses and pharmacists. NCCN will also seek approval for case manager and tumor registrar clock hours. View complete accreditation details
This conference is supported by educational grants from:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- BTG International
- Celgene Corporation
- Genentech BioOncology
- Gilead Sciences, Medical Affairs
- Novartis Oncology
- Prometheus Laboratories Inc.
- Takeda Oncology
This activity was made possible by Pharmacyclics, Inc. and Janssen Biotech, Inc.
This activity is supported by an independent educational grant from sanofi US.
This list of conference supporters was last updated on February 19, 2015.
Support is solicited from a broad array of managed care and pharma/biotech companies and organizations. This list will be updated as additional supporters are confirmed. The National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®) appreciates that supporting companies recognize NCCN®’s need for autonomy in the development of the content of NCCN® resources. All NCCN Content is produced completely independently.